 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2159
Re: 4.5 Volt straight track (p/n 3228), different versions ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 18:02:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
[snip]
I believe that 6761 is not unique in having pieces like this, but don't hold >me to it!

Another example where this occured was train set #4555 Freight Loading Station
(See: http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4555/4555-21.html )
Early production runs of this set still contained the "slotted" rail parts,
later batches contained the "smooth" version instead.

In lugnet.trains, Ray Sanders writes:
BTW, the cad folks might want to designate these two as 3228 and 3228b
(just to keep everyone straight). I'd hate to list these on BrickBay,
sell em, then have someone yell about not being able to use them for
train track.

Small correction on this, because there happen to be 3 versions of this part:

3228A.DAT     Train Track Tapered Rail Straight
              This was the old "blue" snapless type of track

3228B.DAT     Train Track Slotted Rail Straight
              This was the newer "gray" type of track with the snap notch slots

3228C.DAT     Train Track Smooth Rail Straight
              The newest "not (train) track related" version

One of the a preleminary stages of 3228b that I've saved, closly resembles
the (jet to be rendered) 3228C Lcad part, so I guess I could submit it one
of these days.

In the current parts library there is also a file 3228.DAT present, this is
an old (incomplete) version of 3228A.DAT. I've agreeded with Steve that next
update the file will be replaced with a "~moved to 3228a" reference.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.