 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 196
Re: new part: baseplate 32 x 32 raised with ramp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 23:21:50 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote:

Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote in message
here it is, the one part that has tormented me ever since i first
decided to do

Us too :-)

it this is the first version of the part where i have had the real part
to check

Makes a big difference, eh.

i spend all morning and a good deal of last night checking and fixing
this part.

That's the spirit!  You even modeled the underside.

the only thing this part is missing is the rounded edges which i have no
imediate
plans to do as they are not essential for the use of the part. therefore
there is
a needs work tag on the part. from other parts with the needs work tag
on them
then i am assuming that this is the correct use of the tag.

I agree with you here.  The rounded edges would be nice, and would look great
in POV-Ray, but given the other raised baseplate, they are not neccessary,
IMHO.

0 Baseplate 32 x 32 Raised with Ramp (needs work)
0 Name: 2552.dat
0 Author: Jonathan Wilson
0 Unofficial Element

A couple things I noticed in wireframe view:

Looking from the underside view, there are two long edgelines which I don't
think belong (in any case, they don't connect to anything on one end).  If you
look at the bottom center (from underside view) they are the 4th and 5th lines
up.

Look at wireframe from the front.  A number of the inner and outer edgelines
converge at the lower corners.  This would mean that the baseplate has
thickness 0 there.  My guess is that the inner edgelines should extend to the
absolute bottom of the baseplate.

Great job on this big project!

-John Van

  so you are saying that if i fix these few small things then the part would be
redy to submit???