 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1825
Re: UNFINISHED insectiod leg
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:54:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Mark Kennedy wrote:

Here is a partial work in progress of the large insectiod leg. Unfortunately I
don't have the tools to make propper measurements, and the only programs I used
are Ledit and an msdos text editor. If someone else could add more that would
be great!

Which parts can't you measure?  I do 90% of my measuring with other bricks,
another 9%+ with math.  There's usually a way to get within 2LDU of any
measurement on a LEGO piece.  I very rarely use any 'real' measuring tool.

Some common sizes:

4LDU - Brick wall (modern pieces have slightly thinner walls)
4-5LDU - Stud (real studs are slightly more than 4LDU high)
8LDU - Tile height
12LDU - Stud diameter, plate height (with stud)
16LDU - Two plates (without the stud)
20LDU - 1x1 brick width
24LDU - brick height

Round part measures:
4LDU - radius of bar (any piece that a minifig hand can hold)
6LDU - radius of stud
8LDU - radius of base of 1x1 round brick
10LDU - radius of top of 1x1 round brick

Steve