 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1771
Re: 4150p101.dat - tile 2 x 2 w/ SW imperial pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:25:55 GMT

I like it. I have a couple of questions (as an interloper, not as an author)

1. (technical) *Are* the grey lobes constant width?  Matt had them flaring
WAY too much in his first version. You still have some (much less) flare. I
don't have the part in front of me right now so I can't remember for certain
but I thought they were constant width.

No, they are _not_ constant width.
Neither the Lego part, nor the "original" source
(I also used the image from WEG's Star Wars RPG book
in addition to the Lego piece itself.)

2. (procedural) Did Matt register this part as one that he was working on?
If so, I assume you just posted yours as an example of how to do it, right?
If not, Matt, you need to use the parts tracker, I think. That tracker is
there to avoid duplication of effort.

I felt guilty about this myself.  (I don't like
to steal other people's thunder or rain on their parade.)
But, being somewhat obsessive-compulsive,
once my brain had figured out how I could do this pattern,
I _had_ to follow through, and once I built it,
I might as well post it (as an example, if nothing else).

Franklin