 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1432
Re: new part - minifig Cowboy hat (Stetson)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 15:05:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jonathan Wilson writes:
How do you do it?  How do you do these dificult accessories
so fast?

I'm very mathematically oriented.
Also, this piece had mostly simple curves
(i.e., curved with respect to two dimensions only)
for the most part.  The brim, curved with respect
to all three dimensions, was a ^&^&#%$@#%&*&((*^%!
NIGHTMARE!  >:-P

As far as tackling "difficult" pieces,
the ones I've done -- the guns, for example --
they were just for the most part compositions
of various cylinders and boxes, and cylinders are
a nice, easy, curved-in-only-two-dimensions concept
that I can handle.

Do you think you could pull off some castle headwear
just like you did the cowboy hat? :)

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!  Those pieces are extremely complex,
having many semi-spherical-type curves.  Ick.

Hmmm...  I have been thinking about the samurai helmet,
though...  (*No* promises!)

Thanks,
Franklin