 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 149
Re: 6441 Deep Reef Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:16:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Robin Sayce-Jones writes:

Yes I did think of that but  the model is made up of parts which move
through the build. I tried using "0 CLEAR" but L3P rendered the lot. Having
read the lugnet.cad.dat.models description "Original models in LDraw DAT
format, plus any follow-up discussions directly relating to DAT content"
this either precludes the use of mpd files or allows reference to models
that use LDraw formats

Sorry I didn't follow up on this discussion sooner.  The quote you pulled
from the charter does not preclude mpd files, nor does it allow *new* posts
which do not include DAT content.

If you start a new thread (that is, post an original message) on any group
in the lugnet.cad.dat.* hierarchy, it must contain DAT (or MPD, which is a
variant of DAT) content.

Postings which are follow-ups (ie, replies) to other posting do not have to
have DAT.  But long discussion-threads are inappropriate, especially if they
are DAT-free.  This thread is about long enough.

BTW, If your model does not render correctly when collected in the MPD
format, you can make a note of that in your posting.  Something like "to
view this model correctly, you should download and split the MPD file.  The
main file is XYZ.dat".

But your problem with L3P doesn't have to do with the MPD format.  It has to
do with the fact that L3P doesn't recognize the 0 CLEAR meta-command.  L3P
is not concerned with rendering multi-image instruction sets, so there is no
reason to process models through L3P if they are intended to provided
step-by-step instructions.  LDLite does recognize the 0 CLEAR meta-statement
in an MPD file.

Steve

I don't want to start a  Flame but I don't feel I have mis-posted. If you
can suggest an alternative location I would consider posting there if there
is a stong objection to references to other URL's

For now, your choices for posting URLs are:

lugnet.cad     <-- for postings about any cad-related topic
lugnet.cad.ray <-- for postings about ray-tracing, or ray-traced images

I feel it's likely that there 'should' be another cad ng, for posting about
models and parts when there is no intention of posting DAT content to LUGNET.

Steve