 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 627
Re: Six Wide Hummer 4 door Wagon model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:43:00 GMT

Ryan, the model is good. I plan to make myself a better version of my • hummer
model ( http://www.geocities.com/tburger666/lego/lego_military.html )

I, also, think that mine is pretty good :) The only thing I couldn't get
look the way I wanted was the hood, and of course there's the delema
of LEGO not making a six wide Hummer grille :)
I like yours, but I don't think the windshield looks quite right.
Oh, and mine can be built IRL, yours can't :P

the problem is 6 studs seems to wide. your model is good, because the • seating
area below the door is nice.. but lacks interior detail. im in the • marines, so
mine is very close to the real thing. the dat file is in dat/models • somewhere.
all its missing is the SINCGARS radio mount Hehehehe.

I've been trying to think of a way to add a center console area to mine.
Mine is a civilian version so the interior is going to very from your
model
to some degree.

It is so hard to make a realistic minifig scale vehicle. LEGO lacks just
about every piece that could be used to make a good vehicle. Let's see
Some things that would make vehicle building easier:

Six-wide mudguard
six-wide brush guard bar
6x1x1 1/3 windshield
3x2x1 door with windows in the center