 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 609
Re: apartments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 05:40:24 GMT

This is a cool building.  I did see some problems, though.  First, the • couch
floats a plate off the floor.

Argh!  That's it.  Next time I'm putting the furniture in first.

Two plates (1x1, 1x2) in the stair sections are
not seated under the rest of the pieces.

Hmm--Which stair?  Nevermind.  I'll check both and post a fix.

Also, I think the stair color should
be changed (16?).

Right now I've got it set at 16, but a problem arises making multi-color
buildings.  For some reason (I can't remember--see the moral below) I
decided to make the lower stairs blue, rather than grey, so it looks off,
but when I reversed it, I thought it looked even more off.  Actually, I know
how to fix this--I'll  make the complete risers (as opposed to just the
first two bricks) part of the apartment, rather than the stairwell.  Or I
could just make the stairwells grey.  Or white.

Lastly, if you want to use any of the furniture(1) from my
House with Porch, feel free (put a little credit-comment line in though,
please).  :)

Thanks, I probably will on both counts.

Brian (bbq) Sauls
(Moral:  no late-night, after work  beer/cad sessions)