 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2270
Re: Help needed with Minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:06:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Could somebody please help this poor fellow put the binoculars to his eyes? I
find it extremely difficult to turn his hands properly. If he turns his head a
little, it's onnly better. But I want the left arm to remain in the same angle.

Sorry I'm late to this party, but you also use LDLite metastatements.  ROTATE
and nested blocks make it a lot easier to position minifigs manually.

In fact, just for an example, here's the output of the LDAO minifig generator.
Note that some of the parts are obsolete.

0 Minifig shortcut

<snip>

Thanks for the input, Steve. I was just thinking in those areas. Also, we had a
thread about a new Minifig Extractor/Modifier and the need of a syntax that
covers all (well, at least more) of the situations that may come up in that
context. I've just begun to explore the possibilities of MPDed minifigs, but it
looks like a bad idea. They all need unique object names for all parts or
duplicate names from one MPD to another will mess it up the result.

But this is in deed interesting. Not that I completely understand the ROTATE
syntax, but it looks like it has the potential to be that key we've missed so
far. I will look deeper into it later (I hope...)

/Tore

/Tore