 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1897
Re: New MPD: Lotus Esprit S4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 02:12:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Henrik Erlandsson writes:
My Ldraw 0.27 has a problem showing it. It shows 37 (visible) steps, then
stops. It looks half-finished. Am I doing sth wrong? I pasted Mr Blessing's
dat into a file esprit.dat and showed it with LDraw. I then had to press
Enter about 50 times to get to the 37th steps, which shows half a white
front wheel. The next Enter press exits. The same happens with the -MC option.

Please advise.

Is there a viewer/editor which is faster and with a modern ui?

Both of us posted MPD files, which have to be split up before they can be
viewed in LDraw.  There are much faster and more versatile programs available
these days:
http://www.ldraw.org/download/win/
MLCAD is the most popular viewer/editor.
LDLite is an LDraw-like viewer with some extra features.
L3Lab is a viewer with lots of extra features, including real-time rotation.
LDView is a viewer with more realistic lighting and shading, but takes some
more memory to run.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu