 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1757
    Another Space Probe —Steve Bliss
   Here's an enlarged variation on my previous posting. This probe is longer, with some storage/fuel tanks. The disk on the front/top of the probe is an extremely cheesy mockup of the pod racer intake vent from <set:7186> Watto's Junkyard. I'm not sure (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

        Re: Another Space Probe —Jon Palmer
     I like it Steve. I really like the simplicity of the first version as well. The second version reminds me of something I've been working on for a new model: (URL) cylinders are a perfect fit. They just barely touch each other. The only problem is I (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.build)

         Re: Another Space Probe —Steve Bliss
     (...) Very nice! I thought about using the rotor piece to hold six tanks (since I knew the geometry would work out nicely), but I didn't want to have the 'brackets' on the end of the tanks. Plus, I have plenty of 3-long technic beams and spare (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.build)

        Re: Another Space Probe —Richard Marchetti
   Steve: I like this probe. I think you did nice work with non-standard elements in this one. It looked esp. good in a vertical, slightly wobbly spin in LDview. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)