 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1678
Re: new site on converting LDraw buildings to Sim City 3000 Unlimited Building Architecht Plus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 18:14:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Michael Horvath writes:
Here's the site url:

http://www.geocities.com/mikehorvath.geo/bap.htm

There's no tutorial, yet.  I may make one in the future if demand increases.
If you're using SC3_URK, the process is pretty self-explanatory.  Very easy.
If you're using Building Architecht Tool or Building Architect Plus, the
process is a little more gruesome.  The images you'll see at the above site
were made using B.A.P., so I do know how to do it.

Dude, this rocks!  Okay, now how do I do it?  ;]  I own SC3KU.  I
didn't know what SC3URK was but after roaming the SimCity web site
for 15 minutes I managed to find it (talk about obscure!).  It
seems it's separate from BAP.  Now I've never used BAP, but I
am comfortable with the MLCAD/L3P/POV-Ray trio.  So how do I
go about getting from the LEGO world into the SC3KU world?
From what I was able to find at SimCity, it seems it's via .BMPs.
Any guidelines for view angles, scale, etc?

Looks like this will be this fall's procrastination toy!  ;]

Thanx,
KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada