 CAD / LDraw Files / Ideas / 108
Re: Flying cars. Wheels like in "Back To The Futre."
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.ideas
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 02:39:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Mine fold under, too, instead of out.  That must've been a complicated
mechanism on the functional film models...
--Bram

I've seen some pictures of some models that were actually used in the movie.
Unfourtunatly, I don't remember the web address.  The wheels folded down
with some kind of pump, either pnumatic, or hydralic, I could't tell for
sure.  You might try looking on www.yahoo.com under "delorian back to the
futre"  I'm not sure, but I think that's were I found it.  It might be kind
of ddep, so you might have to look through a few pages.  I think the guy's
web page starts with a "c" and it is a somewhat odd name.
    Also, if you were thinking of making the front open like a trunk the way
they do in number one, I think that when Dr. Brown got the delorean "hover
converted," they had to fill in the trunk to get the components on.  This is
based on the fact that they never open the trunk in eiter II or III.  Also,
even though Dr. Brwon has a duffel bag for Marty at the start of number II,
he pulls it from behind his seat, not out of the trunk.  Also, in case you
did't notice, the DeLorean is a stick shift, even in hover mode.  You can
tell this near the end of #II when Dr. Brown lifts off to help Marty and
meets him at the school and takes him to the tunnel.
   Also, just a thought, I think all of the funny wires and stuff outside
the DeLorean help in the time travel process.  I think they specify what is
to be taken, because I noiced that they glow blue when ever he time travels.
Also, you might try looking on the delorean web ring.  I think a site that
is a member is http://www.delorean.org/tgraham   It is from this site that I
linked to others and was eventually able to find some pictures, but not the
ones I really wanted.
   I hope this helps, Mouser X over and out.