 CAD / 9887
  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Yay! (...) Obviously the LEGO-supplied LXF parts will have some restrictions. Do you also mean that homebrew LXF parts would also have restrictions? AFAIK, if I create my own part in LDraw .DAT format, I can sell it. I just can't sell parts I (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

Lots of great stuff in here, please see comments (and <snips> below): In lugnet.cad, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) Probably something like that. We are still working all this out. (Thus one of the reasons for the NDA that the LDraw developers (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) For Perl (I think this is also true for Python) you would only need an API definition and a binary DLL or library for linux. The connection would be via XS (what I use) or SWIG. I done quite a bit of interfacing C to Perl. I think C++ is (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) If this license is still not yet determined, I STRONGLY urge you to make sure your lawyers are famailiar with the Debian Free Software Guidelines. They are oriented towards a particular Linux distribution but are generally accepted to be a (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)