 CAD / 9873
  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) Yes! LOD would be very useful. There are several general purpose LOD methods out there, but again we may be able to improve performance or ease a renderer's job, by supplying even more information in a part file. Polygons, could be flagged as (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

(...) I'm not sure the top/bottom/left/right would work in part files - since parts can be rotated to any orientation. If you mount a plate on the side of a headlight brick, the 'top' of the plate is no longer the top. LDraw does have one type of (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Crazy, OK Heretical Idea ...

"Kyle McDonald" <Kyle.McDonald@Sun.COM> skrev i meddelandet news:3EB07E46.207000...Sun.COM... (...) That's a lot of work for a small gain (if any) - it's better if the software can deduce such things. Don't forget special handling of transparent (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad)