 CAD / 9791
Re: lsynth install trouble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:34:44 GMT

With respect to 1), maybe you can temporarily give install rights to the
non-administrator, install the program, and rescind the rights?
Just a potential work-around for 1).
Marlon "Excelerator" Smith
X_LR8R@hotmail.com
"Amy Hughes" <lugnews@amyhughes.org> wrote in message
I installed Lsynth as administrator (as I must do) on my w2k Pro system. • I'm
having two problems...

1) As a non-administrator user running Lsynth I get a dialog that says • "Unable
to find lsynth install directory!". I don't have this problem as • administrator.
The program runs even with the error dialog, but prints less info in the • text
box than it does when I don't get the error as administrator. I don't know • yet
if the program actually works under those conditions, but I suspect it's • not
finding a configuration file or registry info. Please help. I'm not very
familiar with Windows.

2) When I load the examples into MLCAD I get errors about not finding the
following parts...

880A.DAT
2793c01.dat
4694c01.dat
2797c01.dat

This happens as administrator and as non-administrator. Should I be • concerned?
I did see the Lsynth installation re-gen my parts list, but I don't see • the
above parts in the list and I don't see those files anywhere on my system.

Thanks,
Amy