 CAD / 9721
9720  |  9722
Subject:
new setup trouble - missing parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:48:50 GMT

I'm having trouble in MLCAD with missing parts. As I browse through the parts
list I keep getting dialogs telling me "15.DAT not found! Continue loading?". I
get this for a minority of parts, but there are a lot of these warnings.

Here's how I got started...

I followed the link to the temporary ldraw site (on peeron). The step 1 link
under "Getting Started" for windows is broken, so I searched around (on the
temp site) and found a "base installation" link and followed it. This got me my
ldraw installation with parts. I then downloaded the "complete updates", which
gave me more parts, but lots of duplicates. I then followed the "step 2" link
to the MLCAD site and downloaded that.

MLCAD runs fine, but as I said it's missing lots of parts. As an example,
unless I'm just missing it, I don't see a 2x4 plate. And then there are all
those "not found" dialogs. But there are a lot of parts listed, including most
of the basics and lots of non-basics.

Here are some of the parts it complains about...

1-8edge.dat
2-8sphe.dat
15.DAT
stud3a.dat
1-4ccyli.dat
3-8edge.dat
17.DAT

of these, I'm able to locate one in my parts folder...

1-8edge.dat is in LDRAW\P\48

The rest I can't find using windows' search utility. Also, of the not found
parts, these two are in the parts.lst file...

15.DAT
17.DAT

and the rest aren't.

Any ideas?

FWIW my setup is Win2K Pro (a new installation) on a 1.7GHz Celeron machine,
20G drive, 512M RAM, LDRAW installed at c:\LDRAW.

Thanks,
Amy