 CAD / 9541
9540  |  9542
Subject:
A&M LEGO Place open again with new BIs, poems, and more...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 05:03:58 GMT

After a week of being off-line A&M LEGO Place is officially open once again.
We have several new goodies for everyone.

***********************
NEW BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS

First off we have made another set of building instructions uploaded.  We
are honoring a very talented young LEGO(R) fan named Todd Dillard. These are
the first building instructions honoring his fine craftsmanship and a first for
A&M LWorks since taking over BI creation from A&M Productions.  (Read
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1979 for more info on this change over).
Without further a due we introduce to everyone a Todd Dillard creation
entitled "Chess Set".

You can download the BIs and LDraw model from here:
http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/a_downloads/bi2/bi2_0007.htm

Note that there are several version of the LDraw file.  Two versions of the
chess set have been created., version 1 & 2.  In addition using version 2 we
also created a BrikTrak version.  Use this LDraw file is you wish to determine
the total number of pieces needed to create the model.  Version 1 & 2
contain more sub-models than truly needed for the chess set.  Both version 1
& 2 contain the actual BI sub-models as well. Lastly, a SPECIAL EDITION
version was created.  The SPECIAL EDITION version uses "crystal" LEGO parts
to render a series of high quality photo-realistic images of the chess set.

Images can be seen here (after moderation);

Direct links are:
chess set SE 1600x1200
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_1600x1200.jpg

chess set SE 1024x768
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_1024x768.jpg

chess set SE 800x600
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_800x600.jpg

chess set SE checkmate 1600x1200
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_checkmate_1600x1200.jpg

chess set SE checkmate 1024x768
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_checkmate_1024x768.jpg

chess set SE checkmate 800x600
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_checkmate_800x600.jpg

chess set SE king down 1600x1200
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_kingdown_1600x1200.jpg

chess set SE king down 1024x768
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_kingdown_1024x768.jpg

chess set SE king down 800x600
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_kingdown_800x600.jpg

chess set SE your move 1600x1200
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_yourmove_1600x1200.jpg

chess set SE your move 1024x768
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_yourmove_1024x768.jpg

chess set SE your move 800x600
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/POV/OthersBI/amlw_presents0007_chess_set_se_yourmove_800x600.jpg

**********************************
NEW POEM

A new poem entitled "Adolfo Time" has been added to the general poem
section.  The poem is both in English & Spanish.  You can see it at:

http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/a_3D/poems.htm

Note that the general poem module for the virtual museum HAS NOT been
updated yet. It will soon.
************************************
POLICY CHANGE

Our policy of linking to us & using our material has changed to reflect our
new name, A&M LWorks.  Please visit this page to read more about it:

http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/a_links/link2us.htm

***********************************
NEW SECTION: ADOLFO MEMORIAL SITE
Lastly, as some of you may have known my grandfather passed away last week.
That was why A&M LEGO Place was off-line the past week.  In order to honor
and remember him, A&M LWorks has decided to create a small memorial site
showing images, poems, and other moments of my grandfather.  This site is on
the A&M LEGO Place website but can only be accessed via our links page or
this message.

The link is:
http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/a_personal/a_adolfo/main_mem.htm

Thank you all for your support during our time of need.  Now it's time to
continue playing with the brick.  My grandfather loved seeing me (his only
grandson) play with LEGO even though I'm 27 now! Just before I left for
Brickswest 2003, he helped me build a TIE Bomber while we joked about how I
was going to be in the warm sunny state of CA while he stayed in Cold
Chicago.  I'm going to miss him dearly, but I know that he would want me to
continue my hobby.

AHui Herrera
A&M LWorks
http://www.geocitiesc.com/jedi_agh/