 CAD / 9469
Re: New LDraw.org Books Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:35:54 GMT

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, which I hadn't seen until
just now.

In lugnet.cad, Geoff Gray writes:

Chapter 8 (POV-Ray and L3P) was one of the chapters I was most looking
forward to, but it was a little thin to me.  I'd love to see more meat
on the use of POV-Ray, as well as camera and light info.  Like many
aspiring ray-tracers in the world, my ability with a camera and lighting
is sub-par.  I have the darndest time trying to reset the view when I
change to orthographic view (which is the way I prefer to render most of
my models). I end up just guessing at coordinates and so on.  I'm not
sure what the best way to cover stuff in more depth, but I think another
chapter in the book that is POV-Ray "beyond the L3P settings" would be
nice.  Also, give us some rendering tips and tricks.

Hopefully, I will be following up on this in the coming months ... Currently
researching.

Cheers,