 CAD / 9352
Re: New LDraw.org Books Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:26:50 GMT

Hi Lan,

Thank you very much for the review. I would also like to hear opinions from
experienced users. However, I don't think the book has been out more than a
month and I do expect more reviews of this kind to come up in the next few
weeks. There is a lengthy one in Amazon from a knowledgeable fan which goes
into quite a bit of detail.

One thing that I would like to ask is what did you *not* like. You keep
praising the book yet gave it 3 stars out of a possible 5. Don't get me
wrong -I cherish sincere feedback, even if it is not entirely positive. What
I am interested is learning where, in your view, we failed or could have
done better. Maybe we can find a fix or at least prevent future mistakes.

Thanks again!

Cool--talking w/the author. Seen some of yourp osts miguel--i'm familiar
with your owrk as well.
My 3 star rating was not meant to be bad--i actually have no problems with
the book. it is meant ot reflect how useful i find the book. Thats why i
wondered what other people thought of the book. Basically i know everything
in here for the most part. I found the sections on lsynt and lpub good,
which were the newest stuff as far as im concerned. Im going to pas the book
along to some of my little bros friends who have never used mlcad before--im
sure they would think it was great.
  soooo 3 stars for someone like me who knows most of this stuff. Id say
probably 4 or 5 stars if they were new to this stuff.
  oh your coverage of the fractal gnrtr and rotation model and meta commands
were good and fairly new otme but i rarely ever use them myself (fracta
lgenerator was completely new ot me.
gotto run-myspelling is no good--moving too fast.

  Lan