 CAD / 9450
9449  |  9451
Subject:
Email for help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:32:04 GMT

Everyone -
I just received an email at my ldraw.org address, these students asking for
help on a project. I don't have the time or the skills to do what they want
right now, so I'm passing it along so someone else can possibly pick it up.

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Leigh Brown [mailto:The.Brownies@btinternet.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 7:21 PM
To: tim@ldraw.org
Subject: We need your help!

(I hope I sent this to the right person - if not, could you
forward it on? Thank you for your help!)

Dear sir,

My name is Leigh Brown and I am a Media Production Student
based at the West Suffolk College, United Kingdom.

The reason that I am contacting yourself is that it is Final
Assessment time and we are desperate for your help! For our
final piece of work we are in the production of a Pilot TV
Show called 2 Men, 1 Mic. It is a very experimental show,
featuring comedy in lots of different of forms of media -
including animation which is a personal passion of mine.
Unfortunately we are running out of time to create this show
in all its glory, before it gets marked. We have also got a
lot of interest for the show from several TV Channels in the
UK including BBC, Channel 4 and Sky One.

Right, what we are hoping you could help us with - we have a
2 / 3 minute comedy sketch that we need to get animated in
Lego, either 3D or stop-time animation. We have a script and
should finish the story board for this sketch by end of next
week, which will leave us 9 weeks left to finish the whole
project. We will of course have the voices recorded and
available to whomever wishes to take on this massive task. Of
course being poor students we have spent most of our budget
that we had to save ourselves on other parts of the show, but
whoever can help will be of course be in the credits of the
show, both at the end and on the website we are in progress
at the moment, they will of course receive a copy of finished
show, and a behind the scenes extracts - just to fill the tape up.

Now I know you may be thinking that we are trying to get the
marks from someone else's work - but we have been told that
we would be marked on our teamwork with you guys, and the
management of this part of the project, where we
"Sub-contracted" the work. I was hoping you could advertise
this opportunity to your community of budding animators, to
create a truly international piece. Unfortunately for me I
have been placed Director for this TV Show monster, so I
can't myself help towards the creation of the animation piece.

Hope to hear from you really, really soon,

Thanks for your time in reading this,

Leigh Brown