 CAD / 9425
9424  |  9426
Subject:
A few ideas to toss around.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:34:32 GMT

Hello,

I've been having a lot of fun recently trying out new lighting arrangements
in my CAD models. The results have been pleasing, but not all that easy for
someone as unfamiliar with the POV language as I am.

I've found the easiest way to set up lights is graphically within MLCAD
using the light.dat part and turn of the default lights within L3PAO.

Here's my idea. How about a similar part for some of the other lights
available in POV? I don't know quite how the process works, but my guess is
that all ldraw would need is a copy of light.dat renamed to the various
light types eg. spotlight.dat, arealight.dat, cylinderlight.dat etc. The
translation into POVspeak would presumably happen within L3P. I guess the
directional lights will need two points (origin and target) as well. Maybe a
cone shaped part would work best.

While I'm on the subject, a similar thing could probably be done for the camera.

All this would mean that stunning results could be had using a simple
graphic interface and without having to delve too deeply into POVs language.

Thoughts? Problems?

Cheers,
Allister