 CAD / 9153
Re: Fixing part 604.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:15:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp writes:
While making part 604.dat (Window  1 x  6 x  3 Panorama)
BFC compliant I noticed that the glass was just a quad.
Shouldn't the glass be a box? Then what should be the thickness?
And what should be the color of the glass?
39 transparent gray
47 transparent white

Niels

The glass should be a box.

The color _should_ be 47, but personally I prefer 39. 47 looks too "milky"
in renderers that use the dithering technique in my taste. But go for 47,
it's more "correct" - but I'll change it back to 39 in my personal library. ;o)

As most parameters on Classic Windows, the thickness of the glass varies
too, but I don't find it that important. In my recent post (
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9132 ) I set the thickness of the glass to 2 LDU

if g=1 then
0 glass
1 47 0 ((y-7)+y14)/2 -4  x13 0 0  0 0 ((y-7)-y14)/2  0 -1 0  box.dat
end if

If you plan to do all the other windows, consider using my script  :o) (It
won't work with 604.dat though...).

/Tore