 CAD / 9093
Re: Brownish Transparent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 02:17:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:

Old Lego often changed color (due to aging etc.)
I have some parts from the late fifties that look
more cream than white and the transparent parts
(used to be clear) are a bit brownish.

Are there matching colorvalues for MLCad and POV
to let the renders look aged, this way?

Your best bet is probably to use direct colors instead of the regular
LDraw color codes.  That way, you can specify the RGB values in your
model files.

If you are using LDLite, you can use the 0 COLOR metastatement to define
your own color codes.  I do not remember if L3P recognizes this
statement or not.

Steve