 CAD / 8598
Re: errors with rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 10:51:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jason Walton writes:
I'm using the following packages:

L3P - Version 1.3 20010120
L3PAO - Version 1.3.5
MLCAD - Version 2.12
POV-Ray - Version 3.5
LGEO - with update 15

and I am having the following problems:

..snip..

Speaking on behalf of the LDraw help desk, I suggest that if you are a
beginner or intermediate user DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use POV-Ray 3.5.
Stick to POV-Ray 3.1g which can still be found at the POV-Ray website.  3.5
is NOT supported by may of the LDraw softwares since it just came out.
Moreover, from what I have seen and experince myself for most people (95% of
LDraw users) POV-Ray 3.1g will do everything you what.  So avoid the hassle
and downgrade from POV-Ray 3.5 to 3.1g.

If you need help in finding the file, email me and I'll point you to it.
-AHui Herrera
LDraw Help Desk

I can work around most of the problems I am getting using Pov-Ray 3.5, except
for one dealing with the use of a 1 x 1 round brick with fins.  But I will take
your advice and download 3.1g.

Thanks

Jason