 CAD / 8403
  Re: Old MS-DOS shell for Ldraw wanted (Ldl)

(...) Is this what you're looking for? (URL) what sort of graphics card do you have on the DOS pc? If it has a 16bpp VESA mode you might be able to use the DOS version of ldglite. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that unless you like to spin the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old MS-DOS shell for Ldraw wanted (Ldl)

(...) name. I've installed it and it works just as I remembered. Good old Tore Eriksson! (I believe that he's the author) Thank you Tore Eriksson and Tim Courtney, shouldn't a link to this tool be included on the DOS Users page of the download (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old MS-DOS shell for Ldraw wanted (Ldl)

(...) Thank you, too. Yes, that was me. I'm surprised to see it mentioned again, and I'm impressed that Don could dig up the link and that Manfred remembered that I made it. (...) Tim contacted me a while ago and asked me if I know when I made the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old MS-DOS shell for Ldraw wanted (Ldl)

(...) I must admid I only remembered that it existed, not that you where the one making it. I kind of "reverse-engeneered" your name from the link Don gave. (backspaced the "ldlaunch.htm" bit so I got to the homepage) But seeing your name there made (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old MS-DOS shell for Ldraw wanted (Ldl)

(...) Ah, you should also try a google web search and/or a google newsgroup search. Works pretty good for me :^) (...) Apparently that's a 2MB OEM version of the Matrox MGA card. Any chance you could spend a few minutes and see if the DOS version of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Old MS-DOS shell for Ldraw wanted (Ldl)

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse writes: [snip] (...) Here is the provisional outcome of this experiment, on startup it showed te following error message: visual = 397954 context = 39b9d4 set_color_depth = 16 screen = 0 Error setting graphics mode: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)