 CAD / 8377
  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***

Well, I know I'm replying to something from a long time ago, but I just got around to investigating. The type 5 lines on the minifig arm are wrong, and my algorithm seems to be working correctly in this instance. Instead of being drawn along the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***

Nice to see that everything is ok. Those arms need to be fixed anyway. In the mean time I tried to speed up rendering using the vertex array range and fences extension on a geforce3. This seems to be about as fast as display lists but uses less (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***

(...) I plan to eventually try out vertex array range, but since it's nVidia-specific, there has to be a fallback. I hadn't thought about the decrease in memory consumption, but considering the huge amount of memory sucked up by the display lists, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.5 Released ***

In lugnet.cad, Martijn Zwaal writes: ... (...) ... Well, I just checked at home, and two sided lighting is a relatively expensive operation on my GeForce3, even when the viewer is treated as an infinite viewer. (As I mentioned in my other post, all (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)