 CAD / 8345
Re: High Quality Technic Friction Pegs DATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:06:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ralph Hempel wrote:

Is there a high-quality DAT out there for Technic friction pegs? The
one that comes with the LDRAW package does not have the little
ridges that actually provide the friction....

Try part 2780.dat.  It was released in part update 2002-02.

Also, if you want to give some lip to your other Technic Pin-parts, grab the
updated (but still unofficial) versions of the connect.dat, connect2.dat,
connect3.dat, and connect4.dat primitives from the Parts Tracker.  Start at
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/>.  These primitives are used by most
parts which have Technic pins, and the new versions include the lip.

It's not just the lip that's missing, it's the little bumps on the
pin itself that are missing.

Ah.  I don't know of any files that model that level of detail. :(

I'll grab the new files and give them a look. Thanks for the quck response.

No problem.

Steve