 CAD / 8308
    Precision in .DAT files —Marek Idec
   Dear All, I didn't find in LDraw file format specification anything about a precision used in co-ordinates and scaling parameters. In most of files I found precision maximum 4 digits after decimal point. I'm pretty sure that I saw a file with 6 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Precision in .DAT files —Chris Dee
     (...) For parts, three decimal places is generally considered acceptable. Primitives are usually coded with four decimal places of precision, so that they can be scaled-up by a factor of 10 without degrading the precision below three decimal places. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Precision in .DAT files —Lars C. Hassing
   Marek Idec wrote... (...) That's a good question! When you interface to primitives I think it is important to stick to the scaled coordinates from the primitive file. E.g. if you scale a 4-4cyli.dat by 10 this quad from 4-4cyli.dat 4 16 0.9239 0 (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Precision in .DAT files —Marek Idec
   (...) You are absolutely right. Usually scalling to bigger sizes decreases precision. Considering however fractional factors (not only decreasing sizes of primitives, but also more precise like 5.3 instead of 5) or rotations of primitives answer is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad)