 CAD / 827
Re: SEV rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:27:49 GMT

Tim McSweeney skrev i meddelandet ...
Ok, I've put up a couple of images from this at:

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~timmc/lego

Things to note: the SEV doesn't have any running lights yet, The • fighters
need some sort of exhaust from the engine, I was thinking of a bright • blue
glow.

Does anyone know how to render a decent looking dust cloud in POV? • My
current idea is to create a cloud of spheres that have some • transparent
reddish texture on them, but I can't get the texture quite right, • help
anyone?  Explosions and smoke done the same way should look OK as • well.

Which version of POV?
In 3.0 and earlier there is the 'halo' experimental feature which can
be used for almost anything :-) it also has the keyword 'dust'...
In 3.1 this has moved into the 'media' concept, and I haven't had the
time to read up on that... (I haven't even tried if 'halo' still
works, or if the POV-files has to be rewritten!)

Explosion and smoke made with 'halo' can be seen (and downloaded) at:
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/povsink.htm ('The sinking of Regina
Maersk')

This is more (or less) out of the POV handbook, search for 'halo'.

An application of lighted bricks can be seen at:
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/merry.htm ('Merry Christmas')

Feel free to e-mail me if You want my POV-files etc.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm