 CAD / 7858
Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Display Stand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 04:46:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes:
In lugnet.cad, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera writes:
Hello all, I've documented the Santa Fe Display Stand that was used for the
wBay auction of the A00001 Santa Fe Super Chief.

Here is an image of it:

And you can get the building instructions from here:
http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/a_Downloads/Download_BI.htm

I'll bite. How'd you do that? Were you the winner? Do you know someone who was?

Give! :-)

Do what?  The building instructions or the model? The model was pertty easy.
Note that on the 'history' page I state that this model was a MODIFIED
version of the one auctioned off.  I just looked at the two eBay images and
took it from there.  Took me a day to create the model in LDraw.  Another
day to make the building instructions.

Ya but your post says (emphasis mine) "THE building instructions" not "MY
GUESS AT the building instructions" and "I've documented THE Santa Fe
display stand" not "I took a guess at how one would build these and here's a
render of it"

So naturally I asked, how did you do that? (and the "give!" was a "please
answer how you did it")

I know now... I think it's neat that you went off and did it, but it's not
quite as authentic as one would be led to believe by reading what you wrote,
although your guesses are probably highly accurate.

(and J2 - I did not see who won that one but now that you said what you said
I have a pretty good guess, I guess...)