 CAD / 7511
  Re: General question on ldr and mpd files ...

(...) Interesting. I guess that's a valid way to process MPDs, I was expecting/hoping programs were a bit more flexible. With the current situation, you can take a group of functioning LDR files, convert them to MPD (using an MPD tool), and the MPD (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: General question on ldr and mpd files ...

(...) Well, actually LDView won't load the file whether or not it's in MPD format. Given that LDView isn't designed to work from the command line (although you CAN specify a filename on the command line), it doesn't contain any auto-extension (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: General question on ldr and mpd files ...

(...) Yes, that's correct. Well, I haven't checked lately, hold on.... er, never mind. I'm wrong. My bad. LDraw and LEdit *will* add a '.dat' extension to a filename you specify on the command line, so the command: ldraw tt will cause ldraw to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)