 CAD / 7458
  Re: Proposed LDraw Updater

Leo, I used your updater (under Virtual PC on my Mac) and it worked fine. Did you ever document how it communicates with ldraw.org? What about a clear and simple protocol to put into other programs. For instance, if an update protocol is defined in (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Proposed LDraw Updater

It uses http for everything, basically it grabs a text file from ldraw.org with a list of all parts and the dates they were updated (the text file has comments). The parts are gzipped to save bandwidth, it's pretty slow because it downloads a ton (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Proposed LDraw Updater

The list of parts is now at (URL) add the script that updates this to my processes for releasing part updates. Each line in the file has a file subpath and name, and the value for the modified date (in seconds since January 1, 1970). When files are (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad)