 CAD / 7207
7206  |  7208
Subject:
*** LDView Version 1.9.1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:51:22 GMT

LDView version 1.9.1 is now available, in both source and binary forms.  You
can download either from:

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/

Please note that the 1.9.x set of LDView releases are all development
releases.  Consequently, they are likely to be less stable than version 1.0.
However, I have spent a fair amount of time between my release of version
1.9 and this one tracking down and fixing bugs.

Some of the highlights of version 1.9 over version 1.0 include:

* Printing support (at full printer resolution)
* Snapshot support (PNG files only at the moment)
* Recent files list
* Built-in support for .ldr file extension
* Error panel that lists problems found with a model
* Progress panels for operations that are expected to be slow
* Transparency sorting option, for higher quality transparency
* Built-in Full-scene antialiasing support on compatible video cards
* Stereoscopic 3D support (cross-eyed or wall-eyed)

Some of the highlights of version 1.9.1 include:

* Camera panning (via Ctrl + mouse drag)
* Curve quality control for primitive substitution
* Support for new torus primitives
* Fixed serious memory leaks introduced in version 1.9

You can take a look at the change history both on the web site and in the
zip download for a list of all of the changes in each version.

Please let me know if you have any comments, questions, feature suggestions,
or bug reports.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)