 CAD / 720
  Re: I just can't run LDLite

Sorry about your problems. LDLite statically allocates most of its memory, and currently uses about 60 MB of ram for caches and data. Please run ldlite with debugging output. From the shell prompt, use the command "ldlite -g -l car.dat" and send me (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I just can't run LDLite

Well, I don't know what criteria Windows 98 uses to dump memory blocks to the swap file, but it seems to me that the memory you are asking cannot be swapped to disk. Is even stranger because I'm 100% sure it reports an out of memory problem without (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I just can't run LDLite 2/2

Oh, I forgot to say that I managed to make it run once in a while and even load a model, but I must exit EVERY application in the Windows 98. Somehow you proved that microsoft does not have a multitasking operative system - it can only run one (...) (26 years ago, 31-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I just can't run LDLite 2/2

Hey, one program is all you need, right? :) NT seems to be much better in this regard, as it does not commit memory pages until the program actually touches them, which means I can reserve large cache areas and suffer little penalty if they are not (...) (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)