 CAD / 6906
Re: LDraw-mode: Added more installation instruction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:40:30 GMT

I'm just getting started using LDRAW-Mode in emacs.  I have been unable to
get the C-c C-b flexible tube thing to work in the latest version 21.1 for
Windows.  I keep getting an invalid argument error.  I then loaded the 20.7
version and everything started working.  Just wanted to post a message
incase anyone else was getting frustrated over this.  Thanks for such a
wonderful tool.

George

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
I did a major clean up on the LDraw-mode home page and added some
instructions on how to obtain and install LDraw-mode on Windows and
GNU/Linux systems.

LDraw-mode is a major mode for editing LDraw files in Emacs. It adds
some functionality designed to make typical tasks easier:

   http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/

The instructions for installing LDraw-mode on Windows and GNU/Linux
are on, respectively:

   http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/install-windows.html
   http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/install-linux.html

This assumes that you have already installed Emacs, see:

   http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/#emacs

If you find any errors or omissions above, please tell me!  Thanks!

Oh, and Jacob, would you like to add Ldraw-mode to the "Software"
section of LDraw.org?  (At http://www.ldraw.org/download/software/)

It would probably fit best in under "Utilities".  Here's the info you
need:

Systems: Windows 95/98/NT, MS-DOS, OS/2, AIX, Macintosh, Source
   Available, Emacs required

   Emacs. It adds some functionality designed to make typical tasks
   easier.

And please give it a one stud rating.  It's too bad not the whole
range from one to five studs is used.  Right now, only LdGLite has two
studs.

Thanks!

Fredrik