 CAD / 6838
Re: LDraw Add-On 2.1.5 Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 16:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee writes:

I finally got around to upgrading (from 2.0.9 !). I like the option to use
other renderers for review (my favourite is L3Lab), but did I miss something
on automated refresh? L3Lab correctly opens up on the LDAO temporary file,
and has the ability to poll for changes, but how do I get the LDAO editor to
update the temporary file? In the past I have used L3Lab against the
permanent file, and just used CTRL-S when I wanted to take a fresh look. But
it would be nice to be able to see the changes in the temporary file, before
committing those changes to the permanent file.

Hmm.  Automated refresh should 'just happen'.  The temporary files are
refreshed automatically - there isn't any special setting for refresh.  The
temp files should be updated whenever you click on a valid line, or you make
a change, and the current line is valid.  Some changes don't trigger the
refresh - I think search'n'replace is one example of this.  In this case,
clicking on the DAT code should trigger a refresh.

(The validation routine is a bit flaky, though - it often writes out files
with code that L3Lab doesn't like, for various reasons.)

Be sure you've got the latest version of L3Lab.  I don't remember Lars
making any updates to address polling issues, but it's a possibility.

Steve
I figured it out - I just needed to uncheck "Cache subfiles" - because LDAO
creates an Edi**** file with a type 1 line call to the Code**** file, L3P
treats the temporary edit file as a subfile.

Chris