 CAD / 6463
6462  |  6464
Subject:
Parts Tracker Update / Looking for a few good Reviewers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:20:40 GMT

Real quick:  See the parts list at <http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker>

=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===
Here's the important part:
There are a bunch of files submitted on the Tracker.  All the submitted
files -- whether they are new parts or just fixes -- need to be reviewed and
certified.  We need people to be official LDraw reviewers.  If you are
willing to help, *please* let me know!
=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===

There are now 167 files posted on the Parts Tracker!  A good number of these
files are small fixes, or part renumbers, but there are some 'new',
unreleased files as well.  I'm still working through the backlog of parts
that have been submitted throughout the last 11 months or so, new files
should be coming online almost every day.

If any parts author wants to submit his own parts, rather than waiting for
me to get to them, just send me an email at steve.bliss@home.com or
partsref@home.com, and I'll get you set up.

If you've checked new parts before, the process hasn't changed much - grab a
copy of the file from the Parts Tracker, and go to it.  If you haven't
really reviewed parts, but are knowledgeable about LDraw and (hopefully)
parts authoring, we can help you get started.

The current plan for releasing parts is this: when it comes time to release
parts, all files with three positive certifications, and zero 'hold' votes,
will be accepted as official parts.  Anything else will have to wait until
the next update.

Does this sound acceptable to everyone?

Steve