 CAD / 6385
Re: setldrawdir
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 01:41:12 GMT

Thank you for your reply.

I have had no such luck.  In the past I have followed your directions by
writing "set LDRAWDIR=c:\lego\ldraw;" into my c:\autoexec.bat file.  (that
is the correct directory).  I had LDAO and L3PAO both installed, was running
L3p via L3PAO, and, yet, L3p was still not functioning correctly for me.  I
had to go to the MS-DOS prompt and type in the command manually before
running L3p. The batch file I created worked properly as well.  However,
since I have had those problems, I have reformatted my harddrive and
installed a new version of Windows.  So, I have yet to try it again.  I am
waiting for the download link for the new version of LDAO to work correctly
before try I running L3p again via L3PAO.  It doesn't work.  Rather, the
link does work, but the file I download is corrupt.  Anyone know what's up
with that?

One further note:  setting the ldraw directory via the autoexec.bat file did
work for me when I had Windows 95 installed, but that was several years ago.

Thanks for the help Lars.

    Mike

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
Michael Horvath wrote...
I've created a batch file that sets the ldraw directory.  I've had trouble
in Win98 when trying to carry this command over through the autoexec.bat.
You may want to include it over at ldraw.org or with the distribution files
for l3p or l3pao.  It may help those with the same problem.

Is it only me???

Be sure you put LDRAWDIR into c:\autoexec.bat, some systems may have
other autoexec.bat's, see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=2189

As you can read on my L3P homepage
  http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html
and on the L3P download page
  http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/download.html
and in the enclosed l3p.txt,
it is no longer necessary to set the environment variable LDRAWDIR
if you are also using LDAO, LDLite or L3PAO.

If LDRAWDIR is not set, L3P looks for ldraw.ini in C:\Windows
(or the directory specified by the environment variable WINDIR).
If found, L3P uses the BaseDirectory setting in the [LDraw] section.

L3PAO can handle LGEODIR too.
/Lars