 CAD / 6357
Re: Sorting parts by location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

If you have the formula for euclidian distance that would be great
too.

Bram Lambrecht gave you the formula.

Whoops, duh. This thread didn't have any posts for a while and I missed all
the other ones, thought yours was the first!

I am using the approximation of taking the X Y anx Z values and
summing them. If the viewpoint is in the right place that's an
excellent approximation.

That's probably good enough for some applications.

Seems to work for me for now. Mostly I am trying to get a rough ordering of
a large model so I can refine it to put the steps in the right order to
build it up back to front (viewed orthogonally) instead of in layers

Thanks.