 CAD / 6356
Re: Sorting parts by location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:31:49 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

If you have the formula for euclidian distance that would be great
too.

Bram Lambrecht gave you the formula.

Depending on what you want to do and what kind of viewing
transformation (if any) you are using, the euclidian distance _may_ be
the wrong kind of measure to use.  But it is probably an ok
approximation...

I am using the approximation of taking the X Y anx Z values and
summing them. If the viewpoint is in the right place that's an
excellent approximation.

That's probably good enough for some applications.

Fredrik