 CAD / 621
Re: Ldlite problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 06:55:42 GMT

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:03:28 GMT, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com>
wrote:

The same problem exists with 1.1 and 1.5.  Look in lugnet.cad.dat for the
Touch Sensor and "71427 - The Real Thing".  I'm not sure about the carriage
return on these posts.

I just checked these out on my computer, and the Touch Sensor works just fine,
while the problem with 71427 still exists.  Perhaps LDLite can handle the "#"
in box3#8.dat?  I think I remember someone saying POV couldn't handle it.

The problem I had with the "bump" in ldlite was, I think, caused by trying to
use ldlite to view the MPD'd file from the lugnet webpage.
Saving the file, and putting it all together correctly, solved the problem.

I've noticed another problem since I loaded LDLite 1.5.  It won't work at the
same time as Ledit anymore.  If I have Ledit running and try to run LDLite,
LDLite exits without drawing the model.  Also, it seemed to cause problems
with my Outlook Express.  I couldn't Send and Receive Mail while an LDLite
window was open;  I got an out of memory error (I've got like 96MB of RAM).
Once I exited LDLite I could run the Send and Receive Mail operation fine.
-John Van

I don't have any problems with ldlite and ledit running at the same time. In
fact, I did just that when making those sphere hoses.
I do seem to recall having some problems with other programs when running
ldlite, but I don't recall the specifics.

-- Terry K --

Paul Gyugyi writes:
Send me some more details, including which version of LDLite you are using.
Problem such as the ones you describe were see with old version of LDLite
when they encountered a file where the last line did not end in a carriage
return.
-gyug
John VanZwieten wrote:

It seems Ldlite is having trouble with a couple of my parts.  First I hear
it put a "bump" (no not the touch bump) on the top of the touch sensor, then
I was looking at the mini-motor, and Ldlite missed a box primitive where the
electric wire would fit.  I downloaded this part and checked it in Ldraw,
and there was no similar problem.  I'm not using the latest version of
Ldlite, though (thought I'd wait for any kinks to be found).

-John Van (who, having completed the bottom half of the RCX, will now retire
for the evening)