 CAD / 6144
Re: Another question from a CAD Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:16:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mark Chittenden wrote:

I'm working on 'recreating' the Castleland sets in LDRAW/MLCAD (for me, lots
cheaper than trying to hunt down the real sets [wife's objection #1] AND
takes up less space [wife's objection # 2]). As I progress, I am getting
more into making sub-models and then combining them into the larger model.
My question (you knew I was leading up to this):

Is there a easy way to combine all the dat files into one?

My primary purpose for this is for ease of uploading. So far what I have
been doing is copy & pasting the dat files into a single file, but this will
get rather mouse-cramping when dealing with more than a handful of
sub-models. :/

Get Jacob Sparre Andersen's buildmpd utility (there should be a link to
it from <http://www.ldraw.org/download/software/>).  It's a command line
program, but it will combine all your subfiles in one shot.

Or use MLCad's import functions to add each file to the master.

Steve