 CAD / 5860
Re: Optional lines ... brain ache!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 13:43:27 GMT

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message news:GCtKDI.KIM@lugnet.com...
I want to complete my Darth Maul head but I'm having trouble visualising how
optional lines work. The FAQ on Ldraw.org is extremely vague, and looking at
other heads in MLCad I can't see how the optional lines work. I can't run
Ldraw/Ledit on my NT Workstation machine so I can't see what they do there
either. I'm assuming they are there to put edges on surfaces from particular
view points but the FAQ doesn't really explain it (and the 2 pictures of the
"stud" supposedly showing the lines and which ones are removed when handling
optionals look identical so it's difficult to see what they do!). Anyone
have a good description of where optional lines should be put and how they
are handled?

Dan

You can probably just use all the optional lines from the original head file.  To do a patterned version, you should just be
working with the surface faces of the part file.

-John Van