 CAD / 5810
Re: Parts Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:24:40 GMT

No, I have not appointed any successor yet. I have only had three or four
positive or semi-positive responses, so to me you look like a very strong
candidate. In fact, the strongest. As you may know, the current TTracker is
100% manually updated (I use MS Word97), but nothing stops you from
automizing it.

Just remember that you may need to edit the entries from people who are not
familiar to the naming and numbering conventions. So far, I have not had to
refuse any entry except a couple of trade requests from people who
misunderstood the Tracker to be some kind of parts trading system. :-) Of
course, I may have forgotten to enter some submissions too, but hopefully
not...

So, anyone against Hakan taking over the responibility for the Tracker,
speak out now or remain silent!

/Tore

Hakan Tandogan wrote:

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

I wish to quit the job with the Tracker. I promise to keep it updated
until May 1 2001, but before that we need to find a successor, or
better, put up a Permanent Tracker.

        Did you already find a successor? If not, I'd volunteer
to do it. And since I'm a lazy git, I think I would quite quickly
create an automated tracker ;-)

Who is willing?

        *me* ;-)

        Regards,
                Hakan

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"