 CAD / 5436
Re: On the difficulty of making building instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:06:22 GMT

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> writes:

Personally I use vi+ldglite for this (yes, I know I should swap vi
for Emacs)

You mean that you manually code the LDraw DAT files?  Wow, I'm
impressed!

Using Emacs+LDraw-mode would give the added advantage of colour coding
via font-lock, which gives instant visual confirmation of the
correctness of the syntax.  It also gives some visual aid as it makes it
easier to see which digits are the x, y and z-coordinates, as well as
the diagonals of the rotation matrix.  Here's a screenshot:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/screenshot.png

It also adds LEdit style rotation and some other features.

Fredrik