 CAD / 5299
Re: In progress ... Minifig Head Darth Maul Pattern - Phase 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:51:28 GMT

"Paul Easter" <pneaster@knoxy.net> wrote in message

This looks like my kind of error... :-D

Damn. Not sure how that got there, every second line was generated by
another part of my app to mirror lines. But I did do some copy and paste
messing when I was splitting triangles and quads over edges, must have done
it then.

Oh!  Thanks for the credit and letting me know that my spreadsheet is
actually coming in handy.

It's great. Just wish I could reverse the calc to get Z from X and Y so I
could speed my app up, but I can't follow the steps back through the
spreadsheet. Don't happen to have the raw algebra kicking around, do you?

I'll have to try to learn how it is you are accessing the spreadsheet • though
your VB app. That sounds very interesting. After 12+ years of Windows, I
have just started really using Excel and VB.

It's pretty simple - set an object reference to Excel, load the xls
workbook, set a ref to the appropriate sheet, drop the values into the
appropriate cells, run the calculate method (just to make sure), and read
out the appropriate cell values. Just make sure you remember to shut down
the Excel object reference or else it stays open hidden in the background
tasks and GPFs when shutting down Win 98 ;)  If you want some sample code
I'll send it direct to you - I'm using the PtInRegion API call to determine
if a point lies within a polygon which is built-in to Windows, I'm sure
there should be an API function for determine where a line meets a plane but
I've yet to find it.

Dan