 CAD / 5296
5295  |  5297
Subject:
In progress ... Minifig Head Darth Maul Pattern - Phase 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 01:53:57 GMT

I've managed to get a little more done thanks to Paul Easter - my VB app now
interfaces to his trig.xls spreadsheet to calculate the Z co-ords for points
given the X and Y and 3 vertices of the polygon on which the point sits. I
could have put the calculations into the VB app but I was too tired (it's
nearly 2am here!) to work the calcs back.

I've uploaded a 640x480 AA render of the pattern so far - just the main part
of the pattern, but you can clearly see that I've managed to fold it over
the edges that make up the 3626b surfaces properly, none of the quads or
triangles overlap edges like before. All of the Z co-ords are now correct as
well. I haven't filled in between the pattern and the 3626bs01 subpart which
is why the head appears hollow. I've also posted my DAT file so that other's
can see what I've done so far - if you have comments or corrections please
send them either direct to me or to this group so that I can correct any
mistakes now before I add the outer edge of the pattern and the eyes.

Render is at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28322

DAT is at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danielcrichton/InProgress/maulphase2.dat

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this part in a couple of weeks (company is
sending me to Seattle next week but I'm trying to grab a laptop to take with
me so I can continue if I'm sober!).

Dan