 CAD / 5252
Re: BrickDraw3D (Mac) update Jan 12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 04:33:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ben Vaughan writes:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 3:47:02 -0700, Erik Olson wrote
(in message <G71pyE.B94@lugnet.com>):

Some people are having trouble getting started after unpacking the parts
files. To shed light on the matter I added useful error dialogs.

What sort of problems?  Is there an issue with the parts pack I put together?
If so, I'll get cracking on fixing it.

In general, some file or directory couldn't be located.
I got some feedback from 2 people, but I didn't hear from them again. That
might mean they've given up in frustration, or haven't gotten around to it
again, or that they're happy now.
It might have been user error (probably not.)
It might have been related to filename case depending on what ZIP unpacker
was used... but I messed with the  case issues and they don't seem to hurt.

I think what I ought to do is switch to a system where you pick folders to
add. At startup it will try to do a smart folder pick to save all that
effort. But when you want to add a folder of, say, experimental parts to the
parts path, you'll want a kind of general mechanism that allows more folders.

You could try testing if you have some spare time--torture the program  with
weird situations.

-Erik