 CAD / 5250
Re: BrickDraw3D (Mac) update Jan 12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 04:12:07 GMT

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 3:47:02 -0700, Erik Olson wrote
(in message <G71pyE.B94@lugnet.com>):

Some people are having trouble getting started after unpacking the parts
files. To shed light on the matter I added useful error dialogs.

When you start this new version of BrickDraw3D, and there are any problems
with the folders it will describe the problem and you'll have  choices. You
can re-choose the LDRAW folder, or quit, or continue at your own risk.
There's also a new command on the File menu to re-choose the LDRAW folder.

Get it from http://olson.pair.com/brickdraw3d

Also:
It's not necessary to have the MODELS folder or PYRAMID.DAT. BrickDraw3D
tries to open these but if it can't find them it just moves on.

I tried a bunch of tricks with changing filenames, changing upper case to
lower case, and though that seems safe to do I'm not sure the case can be
ruled out as a potential troublemaker...

What sort of problems?  Is there an issue with the parts pack I put together?
If so, I'll get cracking on fixing it.

Ben
--
Ben Vaughan